Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Finally 300

I supposed to watch the movie 300 last Tuesday but couldn't make it because I was suddenly down with a bad sore throat and a stuffed up nose. Well, after reading mixed reviews and what Waynus has told me, I didn't go to the movie with much expectation. Surprise, surprise...it was one of the most exciting "war" movie I have ever come across. Despite full of computer generated graphics, the movie was actually rather "artistic" and quite original I thought. The use of slow motion and real time effects was nothing short of fascinating. The use of colour to depict the mood of the scene was well carried out. If you want to see a work of art, a masterpiece in modern movie-making and an amazing tale of sacrifice and unparallel comradery, you should not miss this movie! PREPARE FOR GLORY!!

1 Comment:

WAYNE SEOW said...

Yep, good movie to watch on the big screen. Pretty much can't go wrong with a Frank Miller (Sin City) adaptation. The visuals were pretty fantastic, but wished they did a bit more with the story. I mean you don't really "feel" any sense of loss when each of them dies. Unlike Braveheart which was gut-wrenching (literally) when the hero finally bites the dust.