Saturday, June 2, 2007

Sunset around Perth

The weather in Perth during the past few days were excellent and everyday after I finished work around 5:30pm, I was treated with wonderful sunset with pieces of amazing golden clouds spreaded thinly over the horizon. I wish I have my Canon with me all the time, but I don't think running around with my 3.5kg Crumpler bag full of stuff is that practical anyway :) I whipped out my trusty Nokia mobile with 2MP camera and took couple of shots. As you can see in the photo, this puny "dodgy" camera from Nokia is not a bad emergency alternative after all. As Ken Rockwell wisely put it, "Your camera has nothing to do with making great photos". Ken has been providing me, and I believe millions of people around the world like me who know little about photography, with invaluable knowledge and great inspiration. Thanks to his website, I have learnt much.

It was lucky for me that I finished work early last Friday and had a chance to take my camera down to South Perth to take a few shots. I have posted more photos at my usual place at Flickr. Although a little bit a cloud in the sky would be nice to give the sky a little bit of texture but that orange golden colour the lit up the sky at the horizon was an amazing sight indeed.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.