Sunday, June 10, 2007

Hale School mid year concert

Last Friday, we went to my nephew's Hale Junior School mid year concert "Celebrating Music from Hollywood Movies". I think the concert was organised yearly by the students from year 3 to year 7 and my nephew was in the junior string quartet. It was a fun-filled night and I am really proud of you, Lynden, and your school is indeed amazing! They played music pieces from various movies ranging from classic like "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" right through to "Jurassic Park" and "Pirates of the Caribbean - At World's End".

The standard of the play was nothing short of breathtaking and it was indeed hard to believe that those kids are still in primary school! Looking at them really makes me feel ashame of myself. When I was at their age, I was probably catching fish in dirty drains (longkang fish), digging holes in dirt and fighting with other kids over lollies!

1 Comment:

WAYNE SEOW said...

Hey I didn't know you had a nephew in Hale. I've got one in Wesley (yr 7) and he plays violin for the WA junior symphony orchestra.
I know what you mean about playing in the drains, but we never had the same opportunities as our kids these days. But you must admit, playing in the drains was pretty fun!! At least our childhood years weren't sterile.