Sunday, June 10, 2007

A day in Perth Hills

Today was another one of those "doing-nothing again" day :) We decided to head for a drive to Perth Hills to visit the Springdale Art exhibitions in Kalamunda. It was rather relaxing with lunch at the Stirk Park in Kalamunda until I got shitted (pardon my language) by bird later during the day. Will come back to that later but Stirk Park in Kalamunda is one of the most picturesque park I have ever visited around Perth. I have added couple of photos in my flickr with Jin as my "model" :) If you happen to find yourself sitting at home doing nothing during one of the weekends, please take a short drive to the Hills, you won't regret it!


Then we drove along the Mundaring Road across the hill and stopped by the Mundaring Weir Hotel for a cuppa. It's a nice discovery actually and we promise ourselves that we will go back again, may be for a meal or two next time. The little cafe was packed full of people and I could see the poor girl behind the counter manning the espresso machines could barely keep up with the orders :)


Oh yea...did I mentioned the defecating bird? I think I must have upsetted some birds in my previous life, this was probably the second time birds having fecal incontinent on top of me! Why me?? Well...thinking about it...I got attacked by magpie before, so this was not so bad I guess. It all happened near where I took the above shot :)

4 comments:

WAYNE SEOW said...

Nice shot of the fountain.
Hey we still haven't had that pizza you've been bragging about before...

kimtojin said...

Thanks! Yea..totally forgot about that. What happened last time? I thought we decided to go like the next week before you started your 4 weeks marathon at work?:) May be we can go before your holiday?

WAYNE SEOW said...

They didn't open for lunch remember? Anyway, I'm free on Fridays and Saturdays...

kimtojin said...

yea..sign of getting old..memory isn't as reliable anymore :P When are you going to Singapore? This week I am working all week, next weekend Jin wanna go to camp in Guilderton...so has to be the week after OK?