Tuesday, June 26, 2007

A weekend at Guilderton

A weekend camping at Guilderton and everything seems so refreshed! Yes, I survived the camp in the small town of Guilderton about 95km north of Perth. Guys, if any of you ever feel like taking a short break from reality, your soul will thank you for having a short stay at the Guilderton Caravan Park. The holiday park is situated right on the mouth of the Moore River overlooking Indian Ocean. From the look of it, the park itself is the town center and there is only one cafe/restaurant/general store. Everything is so "natural" and tranquil...well...except for the weather of course :)

I brought my trusty Canon with me but because of the lousy weather, I didn't have much luck with it. Lets hope Lisa and Dao have better luck with their Nikons so I can grab some photos off them...and of course, with me in the photos hopefully :P

As you can see in the picture, the Moore River mouth was largely block by a stretch of long sandy bar with the water level in the river seems a lot higher than the sea level. Basically, you can walk from one side of the river to the other on that stretch of sand and the view of the river from there is amazing. I could only wish the weather was nice enough for me to see the full sunset from the beach!

We have 2 tents set up and me and Jin stayed in the smaller one. Yes, food and food and food and of course, beer and beer and beer and I mean lots of them! Well, that's basically what we did most of the time and strange enough, the heavy downpour and strong wind brought by the storm added to the "cosiness" in the tent! There you have it, that was my first experience at camping and it was fantastic :)

Fishing is one of the favourite activities in Moore River and indeed there are lots of river bream in the river. Unfortunately, most of the bream we cought on Saturday afternoon were undersize so we ended up releasing all of them back to the river. Before we could try our luck on a different fishing spot, the rain just sent us straight back to our tent again :(

No doubt we will be back to Guilderton again in the very near future, probably bringing our tent again to camp there. Hopefully then we will have better luck at fishing!

0 comments: