Thursday, June 28, 2007

XXth birthday? :)

Yesterday was Jin's birthday! Don't even ask me how old I am, because I have lost count since I past the 30 mark! (but I am glad she is catching up hehehe!) Initially we were planning to go to Char Char Bull in Freo for dinner but then because of the gloomy weather, we decided to go somewhere closer to home. Four of us headed to Sienna in Leederville but to our dismay, the restaurant was full. After a rather lengthy discussion out in the cold, we decided to settle for Kailis Bro Seafood Restaurant at 101 Oxford St. Leederville. Price wise, the restaurant is not cheap by any standard, we were $175 poorer after that and we didn't even bother about desert or coffee.

Food quality was excellent I must admit. The cobbler that I ordered was very fresh without any "oily" feeling even though it was deep fried in batter. Jin reckened her battered Spanish mackerel was a little bit too dry but loved their chilli mussels. Dao ordered some herbs-clad snapper while Lisa had a bowl of pasta with blue crab meat. Lisa was happy with her pasta but Dao, being a rather talented cook herself, wasn't too convinced with hers :P The friendly service provided by the waiters and waitreses is something to be commended as well. A big downside is the noise level in the restaurant. It was higher than expected for a restaurant of this standard, making decent conversation a rather unpleasant experience. Apart from that, this restaurant is hard to fault and since I have been giving quite a few movie reviews so far in my blog, I will treat this as a review as well and award the restaurant 4 stars out of 5! Not bad at all!

0 comments: