Friday, November 6, 2009

Hartland Camera Repairs

I am a person that always expect things to turn out the worse way possible, you can call me pessimistic but I think it has its advantages. Well, if things do turn out the bad way, at least I am not surprised :) Our trip to Europe was fantastic in many ways, but we also had a few hiccups along the way. My beloved camera 50D was one of them! Well, simply it just decided to pack up on my first shot in London! What could be worse? I felt like loosing my eyes!

The good news is, I returned it to Hartland Camera Repairs in Northbridge as soon as we came back and it was sent over to NSW for a warranty repair. To my surprise, I received an SMS from the Hartland Camera Repairs in about a week saying that my 50D had been repaired and was ready to be collected! What really surprises me is, there was no charge for the service, not even the postage and handling, not a cent! Well, it did state on the Canon's warranty card that Canon Australia is not responsible for any associated cost of postage and handling.

Thank you Hartland Camera Repairs! By the way, they are Nikon authorised service agent too, so you know where you should go for your next camera service! Service with a smile!

2 comments:

WAYNE SEOW said...

Good thing you had your trusty 300d as your backup. I've just bought a secondhand D40x as a backup for my NZ trip....just in case.

kimtojin said...

Ok..to tell you the truth, I actually bought a new camera in London. Otherwise, I would be fighting over the 400d with Jin throughout the whole trip! I definitely recommend bringing a backup body with every trip or photo session outing. My 400d has just done over 23,000 shots and is still going strong!