Sunday, November 1, 2009

Escargot

Finally I got to eat snails! :) Actually I have tried a few variant of cooked snails before in various places but this by far I think is the best. Jin didn't quite like it because she reckoned it was a touch too oily or cheesy for her.

They look like your typical garden snails, hymm...I wonder how they will taste like lol! The restaurant that we had this was called George V on the famed Avenue des Champs-Élysées. Unfortunately, the main dish that I ordered, a steak burger, was virtually uncooked and tasteless. To add insult to the injury, I was charged 7 euro for a small glass of orange juice! I missed Hungry Jack or Burger King all of a sudden then lol!

2 comments:

WAYNE SEOW said...

Actually Kim, they ARE our garden snails! We export them to france, didn't you know? Hehe!

kimtojin said...

Actually, I saw it on tv couple months back that we are exporting them to France, but I thought they were special breed. Oh well, I guess I can start collecting some and learn how to cook, mind to join us for dinner? lol!