Saturday, July 28, 2007

An afternoon around Freo

Another do nothing achieve nothing day :) Woke up late, then we have a very "healthy breaky" at Hungry Jack (Burger King) before going to Ikea because Jin wanted to look at some wall shelf unit. After lunch, I grabbed my Canon and we went down to Freo for an afternoon stroll around the market. Morning started out very cloudy but afternoon has turned up to be a rather pleasant day, it will be a sin to stay at home I think :)

I took some sunset photos at the Coogee Beach Holiday Park and I have posted a couple at Flickr. I have never been to this part of the beach in Freo before, there is a jetty on the beach as well but it is no way as long as the one in Woodman Point. So I guess if you are looking for a fishing spot, just drive down another 10km or so to Woodman Point.



The following 2 photos were taken earlier this morning...just mucking around with my lighting.


Here is a photo of some dried flowers which we bought from a craft show in Guildford.


4 comments:

WAYNE SEOW said...

Hey man, nice shots. I've been mucking around with my speedlite as well. Much to learn. Controlling light is such a finicky business.
Been thinking about getting a macro lens....but good ones are expensive.

kimtojin said...

Yea... I have been thinking about getting one too. Non-VR version is not that expensive I don't think. I am tossing in between 100mm and 60mm Canon macro, both give 1:1 magnification and 60mm only around $400+ on ebay. They make good outdoor portrait as well. Also...I am thinking of just going the cheap way..getting a magnifying filter..then you don't even have to change your lens...less dust :) I met a few people on flickr and they take beautiful macro images by just using magnifying filter...$90?? :)

WAYNE SEOW said...

Yeah, I've read mixed reports about magnification filters. The Canon 500D seems to be the best one available. It's about $130 on ebay from HK. But keep in mind it doesn't give you 1:1 magnification, so not true macro.
Let me know if you want to get one. Maybe we can save a little on combined postage.
Nikon 60mm macro is about $700 new :(

kimtojin said...

I think the Canon 500D is an extremely good buy if the reviews posted are anything to go by. 500D is only good for lens with focal length beyond 70mm or telephoto lens. It will not have much effect on mine unfortunately. I need some sort of cheapo big magnifying glass! I will consider 60mm Canon macro.