Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Go Bumblebee! I want one!

Well, I can't resist to pen down a few lines here about the movie which I just watched moments ago: Transformers! True to the magic of my all time childhood favourite animated series, this movie is a must watch! It's witty, it's outright silly and dumb at times, it's loud and senseless, but it's seriously fun to watch :) It's strange how a good movie can transform 140 odd minutes seem like 30mins of sheer rollercoaster joy! Like Matrix on steroid, the action continues from the start to credit. Do you still remember when you first saw the "bullet-time" in the original Matrix? That was exactly how I felt when I saw the CG generated robots battle sequence in this movie, equally impressive!

Shai LaBeouf (i-robot is the only movie I remember seeing him) acted remarkably well and his "bodyguard"...the bumblebee, although unable to speak most of the time, CG has managed to create some great emotion in his robotic eyes....reminding me of the puss in the movie Shrek :)

Make no mistakes, this is one of the best movie releases this winter...possibly better than the yet to be released last installment of Harry Potter! 4.5/5...minus half a star for the seriously complicated, seemingly illogical and perplexing "transformation process" of the transformers! ..but then what is logic you might ask me :)

0 comments: