Saturday, May 5, 2007

What I cooked for lunch today

Some people are more adventurous in cooking and some are not. Jin is the unadventurous type, everytime she cooks usually must be by the book...no mixing of multiple ingredients...no multiple sauces...no mixing pork with beef for instance...I know I know, doesn't sound very good mixing different meats together...well...you never try you never know. What I have here are two dishes I cooked for our lunch today, don't worry, not much "mixing" involved...just simple and I think nice :)

If you are interested, here is the recipe for the fish..the amount is just estimates, I just add in what I feel like and most of the time my dishes turn up ok. Oh yea... I like the number "2" :)

Fish fillet in sweet black sauce
what you need:
2 good fresh fish fillet (I used cobbler)
2 tsp ginger sliced in thin strips
2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
2 small hot chilli finely chopped
2 tsp corn flour

2 tbsp soy sauce in same amount of water
2 tbsp sugar
chilli powder
pinch of rock salt

some spring onion and sesame seeds as garnish


Thinly coat the fish fillets with mixture of corn flour, chilli and salt to taste. Remember we are not making fish in batter or fish and chip, so do not use too much flour. Heat enough oil to cover the base of a large pan and fry the fish until lightly brown on both sides and remove to plate.
In wok, fry the ginger, garlic and chilli in 1 tbsp of oil until brown. Make sure the wok is hot, add in sugar, then mix in soy sauce and water. Put the fish back into wok for 1 minutes then remove and garnish with whatever you want :)

2 comments:

WAYNE SEOW said...

Hey, thanks for lunch! It was great. I'll have to try cooking the fish for myself. I'm impressed. Oh, btw you can mix beef and pork mince together when you make spagetti bolognese or meat balls. I was taught to do this by an Italian lady so it can be done!

kimtojin said...

Great u like it...it's kinda very "Chinese" apart from Jin's bulgogi :) Thanks for telling me that...finally I have proof that we can mix different meat together. That will silence Jin for a while hehehe!