Saturday, March 21, 2009

Big car, small on comfort

You would think a big car will be more comfortable on a long journey, well, our rental car during our stay in Eastern States was quite the contrary. I know I know, before you say anything, a big fat Ford Falcon station wagon was indeed an overkill for only 2 of us with a couple of luggage and not truely an environmental friendly to travel I might add. But here is the fact, this big ass car is not the most comfortable way for a long journey and a total shocker around city traffic! The driver's seat lumbar support is way too high for my back and I don't consider myself to be a short person the last time I check. Every time I put my foot on the accelerator, it constantly reminded me that I was driving a fat car because it is just too sluggish given that it has a 4 litre V6 in the bonnet. Last but not least, the gear stick is a tad too far for my liking, luckily it is an automatic. However, I did find one rather pleasant surprise though, despite the engine size, it is actually quite economical to drive....or may be the fuel over there was cheaper at the time :)

0 comments: