Monday, July 13, 2009

Love him or hate him

I've always been a great follower of Ken Rockwell's blog and a fan of his style of writing. Personally I don't know what sort of photographer he is or how good he is, but what I do love about him is his dry sense of humour. His collection of photos in his galleries are hardly inspirational to me but again, I hate to judge a book by its cover. He is just a regular guy who loves to write stuff about himself, his life and photographic equipments, just like most of us do on our blogs, except on a much, much, much and much bigger scale. Unfortunately, I do believe he has more haters around the world then people who like him.

Tonight I came across one of his page which was written a while back and I thought it was quite interesting. Check it out here - The Seven Levels of Photographers! While I don't agree with everything he said, but he did make a few valid points though.

"Bad rich amateurs think fuzzy B/W images of poor poeple are art" - Ken Rockwell :))

If you got more free time and would like to learn more about making great photos, here is another great page - How to Make Great Photographs. I have not undertaken any photography courses in the past and I am glad Ken is able to share his experience with us and help me to be a better photographer.

0 comments: