Saturday, November 22, 2008

A gift for my birthday

This year I got one of the best present ever from Jin, a Canon 50mm f1.4 prime lens as I mentioned earlier. Although not exactly a surprise because we have already discussed about the purchase few days earlier, it has still more than made my day :))

It may not be as sharp as the 100mm f2.8 but it produces some of the best bokeh I have ever seen.

Today we went to Mandurah with Jin for a "photo session" and undoubtly it is a superb lens for portraiture, producing reasonably sharp images even at the maximum aperture of f1.4. In my opinion, the Canon 100mm f2.8 is still the best medium telephoto lens for portrait work but I think this little baby is pretty close to it. Well at least with this little prime, I don't have to walk back 10m or so for a full body shot :)

2 comments:

WAYNE SEOW said...

Nice "present", hee-hee!!
I can't wait to get mine. I just saw the Nikon 50mm in the CameraStore catalogue....$650! :(

kimtojin said...

Yea...for some reason, Nikon always costs a bit more than Canon for essentially similar products :)