Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Happy Chinese New Year!!

This is my first post in 2008 and what?? it's already February for crying out loud! Time just flew by and I felt like I am still living in 2007 for some reason :) Tomorrow is Lunar Chinese New Year and if I were in Malaysia, I would still be with my family and counting down to midnight firecrackers madness instead of sitting here updating my blog.

The first 3 weeks of January were pretty hectic because my parents-in-law came to visit us from Korea. I drove them around to show them country WA and done nearly 3000km on the odometer. We had a really great time together actually and I have plenty of great photos to share with you all on my flickr page in the next few months. I haven't been updating my Flickr page for a good 2 months now but one thing for sure, I have never stopped clicking my trusty Canon :)

I have got myself a great present in this new year!! Guess what?? ...well...not a Canon 40D, 5D or 1D...although I would love to get my hand on all of them...nah...it's way better than those!!

Well, the photos would have already given away the clue. It's a new Toyota Aurion and it drives like a dream; and it's easily twice the car the Camry Altise I used to drive! Quiet ride, smooth and effortless power from a 200kw V6, combined with modern gadgets like auto headlight, ABS with BA, VSC, traction control, 6-speed sequential semi-automatic, 6 airbags and heaps more...I am totally thrilled with the purchase! We drove it to Scarborough beach for a photo session the day we picked up our baby :) It's dressed in metallic Caribbean blue.

This Toyota is also sold as Camry in other parts of the world although with slightly different configurations and smaller engines. In Australia, the new Camry has a slightly different design to differentiate it from the Aurion.


























7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK OK

Now I know that everything is right just bussy with your family,...

have a great new year,...

kimtojin said...

Hi Arturo,

I am glad to hear from you :) Sorry for the long silence...and yes, I am still alive hehe! just a little occupied at the begining of the year :)

How is your new year? Wish you all the best for the new year too!!

WAYNE SEOW said...

Gong Xi Fat Choi!!
Nice car man, good choice. Does it have reverse parking sensors? ;)

kimtojin said...

hehe! I reckon my neck is rather flexible so no need for it LOL!! No unfortunately...well..guess I am sort of at the budget side...heading towards $40K+ ...you will get those tiny sensors, sunroof, gps, etc... but I am happy with this basic model :)

WAYNE SEOW said...

Yeah, funny how they charge thousands for GPS when you can buy a portable one now for less than $400.
I think I'll get one once they come down to less than $200. I don't have Jin to tell me where to go!

kimtojin said...

Well, you can get one like Jin too...and who is Laura btw?? :) I got myself a GPS to play with...a cheapo Bintona X350 which I got from my VISA reward. I tried a few times, one time it tried to ask me to drive straight into a bush (apparently future highway extension...glad I am not blind LOL!)

WAYNE SEOW said...

One like Jin? Yeah apparently Koreans make really good GPS...to guide those nuclear warheads ;)
Ha-ha, boom-BOOM!
Laura's a uni friend from pharmacy, not in our year though.
And she's getting married end of the month so don't get any funny ideas. Just a good friend :)